Face wrinkles become more of an issue as we all age. It’s never our fault; it’s just the body naturally changing. They may become an added stress for people, but being proactive when it comes to taking care of your skin can go a long way. The sooner you take the initiative, the healthier and ageless your skin will appear. New York Facial and Body Rejuvenation has an experienced team of doctors to offer helpful tips and guide you through our unique set of services that’ll make you feel confident in your skin.
Why do we get wrinkles?
Wrinkles are creases or folds that are visible on your skin. As time goes on, your skin slowly gets drier, thinner, and more elastic-like. Naturally, it comes with age due to the decreased production of natural oils. It could also be the result of environmental factors, such as spending too much time in the water or being exposed to too much sun. They could also be brought out by habits you never realized had such an adverse effect on your skin. For example, certain facial expressions tend to make wrinkles more noticeable. Another way you could cause the aging process to accelerate is through unhealthy habits, like smoking or poor diet. What you put into your body can either negatively or positively affect you. When it comes to your skin, it’s essential to avoid foods high in sugar, saturated fats, and oils. Paying attention to nutritional facts can help you prevent damage to your skin. While there is no way to eliminate wrinkles, awareness of the causes can help you make lifestyle changes to work towards reducing and preventing them from worsening.
What can I do to prevent wrinkles?
You may not be able to prevent yourself from ever getting wrinkles, but you can reduce their visibility and slow their progression. The first step is to identify what type of wrinkles you’re dealing with; they can be either surface lines or deep furrows. Fortunately, both are treatable and don’t cause significant damage. So, let’s talk about some options you have when it comes to treating the wrinkles on your face:
- Medication: Topical retinoids that are vitamin-based can reduce roughness and lines on your face. Remember though, be careful when using these retinoids, it’s advised to stay out of the sun after application.
- Wrinkle Creams: The primary use for creams is to help the collagen in your skin so that it can rebuild. They are often used as a moisturizer as well. The moisture helps plump up your skin, which then reduces wrinkles. (This is only a temporary fix)
- Dermabrasion: This involves the use of needles to help do away with the upper layers of your skin. It can be used to remove wrinkles and other skin abrasions as well, giving a fresher feel to the face.
- Botox: Botox blocks your muscles by paralyzing it so that it causes it to contract. During this process, the muscles can’t flatten, so it gives the face a less flat look and prevents wrinkles from forming. At NYFBR, Botox happens to be one of our specialties. When you come in for an appointment, you’ll be on your way to feeling and looking young and fresh again!
- Fillers: These are soft tissue used to help build up collagen while injecting it into your deeper facial wrinkles. They’re considered plumpers because they help add more volume and smoothness in areas that may be lacking. When you visit NYFBR for a consultation, our doctors will help you decide if facial fillers are right for you, as well as what the next steps will be in your process.
New York Facial and Body Rejuvenation offers many services, such as facial fillers or microneedling in Nassau County, to help you feel confident in your skin again. When you come in for a consultation, our team will walk you through the best options for you. Contact us today to get started!